Welcome to the ASTEN Website
ASTEN is a network of science centres and museums throughout Australia and New Zealand.
The objectives of ASTEN are to:
- encourage cooperation amongst science and technology centres, museums and other organisations which utilise an interactive approach to further the public understanding of science and technology;
- act as an advocate for the roles and activities of member organisations;
- act as the Australasian focus and clearinghouse for information about the collective activities of member organisations;
- encourage and facilitate the exchange of interactive exhibits and exhibitions between member organisations;
- share information on the wide range of activities of member organisations.
Major activities of ASTEN include:
- organising professional development seminars, conferences and workshops for member organisations;
- arranging opportunities for skill sharing between staff of member organisations;
- collecting and disseminating relevant information within member organisations by way of a regular newsletter;
- representing member organisations in national, regional and international events and programs;
- providing a forum for information exchange about touring exhibitions;
- facilitating the resolution of commercial and legal issues affecting the operations and business of member organisations;
- providing a directory of members;
- liaising with other similar Australian, New Zealand and international networks;
- facilitating the provision of professional assistance and advice;
- facilitating the establishment of special interest groups appropriate to member organisations.
To join the ASTENetwork or for more information please contact the ASTEN Executive.
Click here for the ASTEN Constitution.