Welcome to the ASTEN Website
ASTEN is a network of science centres and museums throughout Australia and New Zealand.
The objectives of ASTEN are to:
- (i) To encourage cooperation amongst science and technology centres, museums and other organisations which utilise an interactive approach to further the public understanding of science and technology;
- (ii) To act as an advocate for the roles and activities of member organisations;
- (iii) To act as the Australasian focus and clearinghouse for information about the collective activities of member organisations;
- (iv) To encourage and facilitate the exchange of interactive exhibits and exhibitions between member organisations;
- (v) To share information on the wide range of activities of member organisations.
Major activities of ASTEN include:
- (i) organising professional development seminars, conferences and workshops for member organisations;
- (ii) arranging opportunities for skill sharing between staff of member organisations
- (iii) sharing good practice and developing industry standards
- (iv) collecting and disseminating relevant information within member organisations by way of a regular communication
- (v) representing member organisations in national, regional and international events and programs;
- (vi) providing a forum for information exchange about touring exhibitions
- (vii) providing a directory of members showcasing their areas of expertise or specialisation
- (viii) liaising with other similar Australian, New Zealand and international networks
- (ix) facilitating the provision of professional assistance and advice
- (x) facilitating the establishment of special interest groups appropriate to member organisations.
To join the ASTENetwork or for more information please contact the ASTEN Executive.
Click here for the ASTEN Constitution.